In my ‘first phase’ submission on the ETS in February, I stressed the importance of keeping our eyes on the long term goal of stopping emitting greenhouse gases altogether before
the end of this century. The ETS alone will not get us there.
Accordingly, the first three sections in this submission are focused on the following aspects of climate change policy where action is required.
- Crunching numbers and identifying barriers
- Economic and financial risks associated with climate change
- The agricultural greenhouse gases
The last two sections are focused on two aspects of the ETS.
- Protecting some industries – free allocation
- International purchase of carbon credits